Some chiefs in the Sekyere Kumawu district of Ashanti region have called on the President to re-appoint Samuel Addai Agyekum as the district chief executive.
They say his contributions to the development of the district is worthy of commendation, hence the support.
Infrastructure development across the district includes roads, water, toilet, educational and health facilities.
After a decade of attaining a district status, the area can now boast of a fire post and a police station at Akotosu to combat crime and fire effectively.
Nana Osei Baffour Boakye Yiadom of Temante, Nana Amankwa Adiyaah the second of Akotosu and Sarkin Zongo of Oyoko, Alhaji Issah Berkye want Nana Akufo-Addo to re-appoint the Samuel Addai Agyekum for his equitable distribution of developmental projects.
The residents on their part attributed the peaceful co-existence in the District they are enjoying is from the serious security measures been put in place by the DCE.
They argued that from the tenure of Hon. Philip Atta Basoah who was the first DCE of the District up to date, no DCE has ever performed to the expectation of the citizenry except Hon. Samuel Aaddai Agyekum.
Their plea to President Nana Akufo-Addo to reappoint the the DCE Hon. Samuel Addia Agyekum is born out of the numerous achievement by the DCE offered reasons why his reappointment will benefit the District.
Below are some of the projects;
- two ware houses under 1d1w project
- over 20 boreholes within the constituency(brewamu enclave)
- completion of the new stores at kumawu
- first ever health facilities at abotanso and pepease
- a new police station at akotosu
- first ever service fire station at kumawu zongo
- ongoing bodomase police station
- ongoing office complex at kumawu station for commercial bank, nia office and post office,
- a new district factory under 1d1f project located at Temante