Playing article in audio
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has named a 10-member team to draft its manifesto ahead of the December general election.
A statement signed by General Secretary, John Boadu said the team will be led by Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia.
The Committee, among other things, is mandated to undertake a holistic review of the party’s 2016 manifesto and engage all relevant stakeholders on the subject with the view to coming out with the NPP’s 2020 manifesto.
“It is the anticipation of the party that the Manifesto Committee would discharge its mandate competently and professionally, and accordingly produce a comprehensive Manifesto document that addresses all the legitimate concerns of the Ghanaian people and also meet their aspirations in order to propel the party to yet another resounding electoral victory at the 2020 polls,” the statement said.
Below are names of the members:
- H.E. Alhaji Dr Mahamudu Bawumia – Chairman
- Alan Kwodwo Kyerematen – Member
- Hon. Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Member
- Ken Ofori-Atta – Member
- Madam Elizabeth Ohene – Member
- Hon. Hajia Alima Mahama – Member
- Yofi Grant – Member
- Hon. Yaw Buaben Asamoa – Member
- Hon. Kweku Agyemang-Manu – Member
- Hon. Dr Afriyie Akoto – Member